Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fiskars Fingertip Craft Knife

I know that a lot of my posts lately have been about Fiskars tools. As a certified tool demonstrator, I like to try out the new tools that I might get to demo. Here is my review of the Fiskars Fingertip Craft Knife that I posted at Fiskateers.com.

I have to admit that the first time I tried the fingertip craft knife, I did not like it. I borrowed a fellow fiskateers at a tool training and used it for about one minute. To me, it seemed like a redo of something that already works. I love exacto knives and have never had a problem with their shape.
When I saw the PINK fingertip craft knife in Target, I figured it was worth buying one. I hadn't used it very much in the first few weeks that I had it. The night before last, I needed to cut out some games for my son's kindergarten teacher. I had an alphabet snake and some cracked alphabet eggs that needed to be cut out. I started out with scissors. It was very tiring on my hands to do that much cutting in circles and swirls.

I decided to try my fingertip knife. I LOVED it! I figured my regular exacto knife would work as well so I switched over for a few minutes. I was amazed at how much better I liked the fingertip craft knife. It was much more comfortable on my finger and I didn't find myself over hyper-extending my finger like I usually do (see picture below ~ my finger bends at a weird angle).

My only complaint is that the hard plastic wrap around puts a dent in my finger and kind of hurts after a while. I solved that problem by wrapping one of my daughters hair ties around the side putting pressure on my finger. Maybe fiskars could make them with softer plastic. I don't know how that would affect the cost - which, by the way, is awesome at less than $5.


Thanks Fiskars for a great tool that I didn't even know I needed but LOVE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for more info about the knife Jen. I keep looking, but as far as I can see, it still isn't available in the UK.
JMF of CoC

Sharon said...

Love the idea of putting a hair band round the knife, so simple but why didn't I think of that?? :0)

tinac said...

I also bought mine at Target. Love the pink. I was very inpressed with this tool. Ohhh the iris folding video was wonderful.

tinac said...

I also bought mine because I loved the pink ... and had heard how people were loving this. Also great Iris folding video.